ZXReader is another great ebook reader application for your handset, it works perfect for S60 5th edition (Nokia N97 and Nokia 5800) but Unfortunately only compatible with two types of file formats: regular text files and .fb2 files, so to open another format like pdf, doc, rtf, xml, html, lit, pdb and prc we need another apps FictionBook Designer and MobiPerl, but don’t worry its easy to convert, i have step by step tutorial about How to do it.
First download Zxreader Here , and below is the tutorial to create FB2 files with FictionBook Designer (tutorial by nokiaphoneblog.com, thanks mate it really works)
Tutorial from nokiaphoneblog.com
Using FictionBook Designer to Create FB2 Files:
1. Download and install Fiction Book Designer.
2. Go to File -> Open Book and select your ebook file. It can be in any number of formats, but if you’re trying to convert a .prc file see the directions below. It’ll take awhile for the file to process.
3. Go to File -> make Fiction Book file (F8) or just hit the F8 key.
4. This will pop up the make Fiction Book file dialog box. I would fill out the Author’s First/Last name and Book Title, but everything is pretty much optional.
5. Click the “make book” button in the bottom left corner.
6. You’ll hear some annoying sound effects, most notably a chime when it’s finished. Another box filled with XML tags and other junk should appear.
7. Go to File -> save as (F5) or just hit the F5 key. Save your .fb2 file.
8. Your fb2 ebook is now ready to be copied to your phone!
Converting PRC Files to HTML
Since Fiction Book Designer does a lousy job with prc files, use MobiPerl to do the conversion to HTML, then have FBD do the rest.
1. First, grab MobiPerl. I’m going to assume you’re using Windows – download the latest binary, mobiperl-win-0.0.42.zip.
2. Unpack everything into one directory. You’ll see a bunch of executable files, the only one that you’ll need is mobi2html.exe.
3. Create a shortcut to mobi2html.exe. A quick way to do this is to click on the file, hold the Alt key, and, while still holding down the mouse button, drag the mouse away. That will create a shortcut to mobi2html.exe.
4. Drag your prc file on top of the shortcut you just created and let go. You should see a command prompt box open up, output some garbage text, and close. It’s done!
5. Check the “unpacked” folder in the directory you placed MobiPerl and you should see your html file. Now plug this file into Fiction Book Designer, and follow the rest of the directions above.
I highly suggest creating an ebooks directory on your memory card or mass storage or wherever. To add your ebooks to ZXReader, simply go to Library -> Options -> Add file
Tags: Create FB2 Files, Ebook Reader, Nokia 5800 Aplication, Nokia N97 Application